Children are one of the great photography themes! They change their expressions very quickly, are always active, reactive, shifting according to the natural reflex feelings of an interest, a disapproval, anger, a curiosity, some sad expression. . At times, children also have strange, transient reflections that are quick and brief in a real-life situation. Photographing children needs more patience than capturing adults. Taking a very quick, unexpected moment of a child, the results are very interesting and meaningful.
In terms of equipment, ideal priority:
- The camera has a fast focusing speed
- High ISO, sometimes 1000 or more with little noise
- The lens has an open aperture large enough, such as 50mm f / 1.8
- Maybe flexible zoom lens. 17-50mm f / 2.8 for example, medium and good money.
How to shoot:
- If you are new or need to take a quick snapshot, you should choose A mode (Aperture), not custom M (ISO, speed, aperture) will easily miss the moment.
- Metering according to the child’s facial skin, maintaining a speed or an aperture, should not change continuously, unless changing the lighting context or some idea.
- Can open large aperture to highlight the subject (baby) in soft background.
- For example, the 50mm f / 1.8 lens opens the f / 1.8 – f / 2.8. If you want to clear the background, close the aperture f / 5.6 – 8 for example.
- Choose a fast speed 1/250 – 1/1000 seconds to catch the topic at the peak of a child’s action.
- Focus on the eye of the child.
- When taking a close-up shot, do not constantly change the focus area as the child moves, but move with them.
- For hyperactive children, some people like to capture slow speed, about 1/15 seconds to get blur of movement, expressing more impressive flexibility.
- The automatic travel camera, smart phone, will be more difficult, but if you watch the frame, predict the action to select the focus and focus lock (lock AF) and then wait for the baby to move into the frame is to press the shutter button now.
A few tricks:
- Should sit across the vision of young children instead of standing down from above if there is no special idea. The first is to get the “god” of the face and expressive eyes, the second is the proportion of subjects that are more balanced than the overhead shot, which causes children to dwarf or distort their body proportions.
- Photographing children should click a lot of photos, go around so they can get used to the presence until they are not interested in taking photos anymore, then think about the natural moment.
- The eye always looks through the viewfinder, holds the focus point and moves with the child, presses the device immediately when the object reaches the climax of an action, or the image element needs to be sufficiently sharp.
- Some people find that the lens is used as a pose for you to take, so pretending to take or just taking it, patient waiting for lcus to pretend to be a fake, the child returns to normal with its real substance then presses .
- If you like to shoot children, hunt down their various moments.
I have gathered a few photos of children here and there. Most of them are taken with a lot of phones, there are films with film, so you will see noise particles, photos taken by digital cameras seem smooth … For me personally, review each child image capture, lots of emotions for myself. That’s all!