In case your phone is locked from a Wi-Fi network, worry not because there are ways through which you remove that lock from your phone. You can either alter your phone’s MAC address or you can ask the Wi-Fi representative to unblock you manually.
Worry not because in this article I will explain all the methods for unlocking you from a Wi-Fi network for android and for iPhone as well.
So keep on reading to find out how.
But first, let’s take a look into how this whole Wi-Fi blocking works.
How to Unlock Phone From a WIFI?
There are various ways through which you can block a device from accessing a particular Wi-Fi network. The majority of the blocking is done by blacklisting a device from accessing a particular Wi-Fi network. And to complete the process of blacklisting, the router uses the device’s MAC address. MAC is known as media access control. And the process of adding a particular device to the blacklist is called MAC filtering.
But here’s the good thing, an individual can easily change their MAC address without any issue. This means that if you change your phone’s MAC address then it also means that you can unlock your phone by getting access to a Wi-Fi network.
But changing your MAC address can be a little tricky. But worry not because I will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to do that. Keep on reading.
Steps to change the MAC address, to regain access to the Wi-Fi network
The MAC address of the phone depends on the operating system they use. So I have mentioned the steps to change the MAC address for both android phones and iPhones.
First, let’s take a look at android.
- Rooting your android device will alter the MAC address for you.
- When you root your device, it will either change the MAC address by itself or you can also change it manually.
- Now you may ask what is rooting.
- Rooting is when taking complete control of your device which your phone otherwise would not let you have because of certain safety features.
- It is the same as android but in iPhone rooting your device is called as jailbreaking.
- And once you have done that you can easily change the MAC address on your iPhone with the help of any third-party app.
- But do remember to write down your original MAC address somewhere safe because you might need it later.
Seeing yourself locked on certain Wi-Fi networks can be irritating but worry not because there is always a loophole around things. And in this situation, there is one as well. You can simply gain access to a Wi-Fi network by altering your MAC address which is the blacklist. So once you have changed your MAC address it means that the new one is not on the blacklist and hence you are allowed to get access to the Wi-Fi network.